For many users, emailing is considered to be old-fangled. Perhaps you may have several email accounts and you are almost acquainted with all its process of reading and sending messages. But what if you want to access the emails of Yahoo! Mail account in Outlook 2011 on your Mac system? Although many of the users assume it to be pretty difficult to configure the settings. However, practically it’s much simpler and the detailed procedure for it is given below.
Configuring Yahoo! Mail Account with Mac Outlook 2011
Follow the step-by step procedure to set up the Yahoo account in Outlook 2011
- Launch Outlook 2011 and choose the option “Tools” and then “Accounts”
- Here, the user has to enter the information regarding personal details and server related information
- Full name: Enter the name which you want to display when you send an email
- E-mail address: Enter the Yahoo Mail email address
Ensure that the settings of Outlook match with the POP3 settings of Yahoo! Mail. The default configuration that Outlook has for Yahoo Mail is pop3 account. The details of POP3 settings of Yahoo are mentioned below
– For Incoming Mail (POP) Server
- Server – pop.mail.yahoo.com
- Port No – 995
- Requires SSL – Yes
– For Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
- Server – smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465 or 587
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Requires authentication – Yes
3. Then select the option ‘Advanced’. Determine if you want to select the option
Leave a copy of each message on the server. For this
- Select: Once Outlook download all the email messages from Yahoo Mail account, they are saved both in Outlook and on Yahoo Mail.
- Don’t select: After Outlook downloads all the emails, they are deleted from the Yahoo Mail account. This means you have only one copy of the email message which is locally accessible to you.
4. Then select the OK tab and close the “Accounts” page
5. Again, start Outlook and select “Send/Receive” tab to download all the messages
In this way users can configure the Yahoo Mail account in Mac outlook 2011.
Mayra Cristina Lovato
Latest posts by Mayra Cristina Lovato (see all)
- Best Way to Sync Outlook Contacts and Calendar with iPhone - December 16, 2015
- Recover Missing Outlook 2011 data like Email Messages & Contacts - December 10, 2015
- An Overview of Communicator for Mac 2011 on Corporate Network - July 15, 2015
- How Autodiscover Service Works with Outlook 2011 for Mac - July 6, 2015
- How to Turn logging on or off in Outlook for Mac 2011 - July 3, 2015